Quality, Safety And Occupational Health, Environment And Social Responsibility Policies
COMPAÑIA MINERA CORDILLERA CHILE SCM, company dedicated to the extraction, the processing and the commercialization of Salt, maintains as fundamental pillars of its activity, a Quality, Safety and Occupational Health Management System, integrating care and respect for their Employees, the Environment, their Customers, the existing legislation and the Community based on the following commitments:
- To be a reliable and effective Salt Producer, delivering top quality product to its customers and committed to grant support and service that may ensure a mutual beneficial and long term relationship at the lowest possible cost.
- To comply with the current legislation applicable to its activity and with other requirements and standards that the organization voluntarily subscribes, including the internally defined standards, as a way to develop relationships with our customers, employees, contractors, suppliers, the community and state agencies based on honesty, loyalty and respect.
- To work to identify, Assess and Implement, in a timely manner, the necessary measures to control risks that may affect the safety and health of people, the quality of the product and the harmony of the environment, thus minimizing possible damage to our workers, contractors, customers and the environment.
- To train and evaluate personnel to achieve jobs well done and to encourage awareness of the importance of an effective compliance of this Policy in all our activities.
- To seek constant improvement of Our Management System as well as its performance, optimizing costs to ensure success of the business in the long term.
- Always continue working in maintaining good relationship with neighbors and participating in the development of the communities next to our operations. To date this has been achieved with the donation of Colegio Nazareth in Alto Hospicio, its management and continuous improvement, in order to enhance this community living standards, with emphasis in education.
- To minimize environmental impacts that our activities could cause to the surroundings preventing and implementing control and mitigation measures, avoiding pollution applying a proper and safe waste management.
The accomplishment of these commitments is responsibility of each and every member of the Organization.